Professor Jeffrey Sachs has been awarded the UCD Ulysses Medal for his global contribution. He is widely considered to be one of the world’s leading experts on economic development, global macroeconomics, and the fight against poverty.
His work on ending poverty, overcoming macroeconomic instability, promoting economic growth, fighting hunger and disease, and promoting sustainable environmental practices, has taken him to more than 125 countries with more than 90 percent of the world’s population.
Read the full article and watch the video of speech at the University College Dublin’s website.
- We asked the expert: What’s the future of economics in Trump’s America?
- Jeff Sachs on Business Insider: Politics
- US foreign policy — from primacy to global problem solving
- Learning to Love a Multipolar World
- Big innovations require big investment