Syria’s civil war is the most dangerous and destructive crisis on the planet. Since early 2011, hundreds of thousands have died; around ten million Syrians have been displaced; Europe has been convulsed with Islamic State (ISIS) terror and the political fallout of refugees; and the United States and its NATO allies have more than once come perilously close to direct confrontation with Russia.
Read the full article at Project Syndicate.
- Earth 2.0: Is Income Inequality Inevitable?
- Will Economic Illiteracy Trigger a Trade War?
- How Trump could make US a climate pariah over Paris pact
- Earth 2.0: What Would Our Economy Look Like?
- Our misguided ‘wars of choice’