The wars over climate science aren’t really about whether humanity is dangerously changing the climate. It is. They are proxy wars—lobbying wars—over 21st-century energy sources: fossil fuels vs. renewables vs. nuclear energy. In fact, we will need all energy sources that meet three conditions: homegrown (for national security), low-cost (for competitiveness) and environmentally safe. With improved technologies, there is a place for fossil fuels, renewables and nuclear in the mix.
Read the full article at The Wall Street Journal.
- The ethics and practicalities of foreign aid
- The high costs of abandoning international law
- We asked the expert: What’s the future of economics in Trump’s America?
- President Trump “dangerously wrong” on climate change
- Jeff Sachs on Business Insider: Politics