But many political leaders gathering there — including governors, mayors, and provincial cabinet secretaries — are pushing for more aggressive cuts. By the dozen, they are signing a voluntary agreement committing their jurisdictions to faster and deeper reductions in emissions of greenhouse gases than their national governments have promised.
- We asked the expert: What’s the future of economics in Trump’s America?
- Jeff Sachs on Business Insider: Politics
- US foreign policy — from primacy to global problem solving
- Learning to Love a Multipolar World
- Big innovations require big investment