But many political leaders gathering there — including governors, mayors, and provincial cabinet secretaries — are pushing for more aggressive cuts. By the dozen, they are signing a voluntary agreement committing their jurisdictions to faster and deeper reductions in emissions of greenhouse gases than their national governments have promised.
- Earth 2.0: Is Income Inequality Inevitable?
- Earth 2.0: What Would Our Economy Look Like?
- CNN panelists erupt over climate change
- Donald Trump’s Climate Fantasies
- Sustainable Development Goals and Global Economic Governance at UCL 2/21