Jeffrey D. Sachs, a Columbia economist and a longtime supporter of Mr. de Blasio’s, helped organize the Vatican conference. He said on Wednesday that Francis was “extremely excited about Mayor de Blasio coming.”
“I’m thrilled that the mayor will present OneNYC, and the challenges and the approaches of New York City, to dozens of other mayors around the world,” Mr. Sachs added, speaking via Skype from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where he is attending a development conference. “It’s really going to have a galvanizing effect.”
Read full article here in The New York Times.
- President Trump “dangerously wrong” on climate change
- Jeff Sachs’ and EDF on Trump’s EPA pick
- US must transition to low-carbon energy
- Jeffrey Sachs receives UCD Ulysses Medal, speaks of “moral obligation” to help achieve SDGs
- SDG Advocates Introduction at Global Citizen Festival 2016