Jeffrey D. Sachs, a Columbia economist and a longtime supporter of Mr. de Blasio’s, helped organize the Vatican conference. He said on Wednesday that Francis was “extremely excited about Mayor de Blasio coming.”
“I’m thrilled that the mayor will present OneNYC, and the challenges and the approaches of New York City, to dozens of other mayors around the world,” Mr. Sachs added, speaking via Skype from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where he is attending a development conference. “It’s really going to have a galvanizing effect.”
Read full article here in The New York Times.
- On Thomas Hartmann: (Republicans) Have Polluted Our Minds as Well as Our Air & Water
- Sustainable Development Goals and Global Economic Governance at UCL 2/21
- President Trump “dangerously wrong” on climate change
- Jeff Sachs’ and EDF on Trump’s EPA pick
- US must transition to low-carbon energy