Jeffrey D. Sachs is the director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University. He is also an economist and a special advisor to the UN Secretary-General Ban K-moon. Five years ago, in Copenhagen, member states failed to sign an agreement on limiting climate change. Jeffrey Sachs tells Marc Perelman that the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris next year is “the last chance for the multilateral approach” and that failure to reach an agreement in Paris would be a “disaster”.
- President Trump “dangerously wrong” on climate change
- Jeff Sachs’ and EDF on Trump’s EPA pick
- US must transition to low-carbon energy
- Jeffrey Sachs receives UCD Ulysses Medal, speaks of “moral obligation” to help achieve SDGs
- SDG Advocates Introduction at Global Citizen Festival 2016