The US, France, UK and other European countries are engaged in a widening arc of military activities across Africa, the Middle East, western Asia and central Asia, some visible and some surreptitious. France’s incursion into Mali last week was a notable short-term success. Other actions have been costly failures. It is important to understand why.
Article was originally published at The Financial Times.
- Earth 2.0: Is Income Inequality Inevitable?
- Earth 2.0: What Would Our Economy Look Like?
- CNN panelists erupt over climate change
- Donald Trump’s Climate Fantasies
- Sustainable Development Goals and Global Economic Governance at UCL 2/21