The US, France, UK and other European countries are engaged in a widening arc of military activities across Africa, the Middle East, western Asia and central Asia, some visible and some surreptitious. France’s incursion into Mali last week was a notable short-term success. Other actions have been costly failures. It is important to understand why.
Article was originally published at The Financial Times.
- Financing Health and Education for All
- New Politics for Clean Energy
- Jeffrey D. Sachs on How to Forge a Grand Bargain on Energy
- From Good Intentions to Deep Decarbonization
- A Path for Climate Change, Beyond Paris