The US, France, UK and other European countries are engaged in a widening arc of military activities across Africa, the Middle East, western Asia and central Asia, some visible and some surreptitious. France’s incursion into Mali last week was a notable short-term success. Other actions have been costly failures. It is important to understand why.
Article was originally published at The Financial Times.
- Podcast interview with UN Dispatch on MDGs and early career as an economist
- Speaking on the Sustainable Development Goals at Monash Sustainability Institute
- The Limits of Climate Negotiations
- Universal basic education is the millennium goal everyone forgot
- Interview with UNCCD News