The US, France, UK and other European countries are engaged in a widening arc of military activities across Africa, the Middle East, western Asia and central Asia, some visible and some surreptitious. France’s incursion into Mali last week was a notable short-term success. Other actions have been costly failures. It is important to understand why.
Article was originally published at The Financial Times.
- Jeffrey Sachs on meeting the Sustainable Development Goals – ‘we need a victory of ideas’
- SDG Advocates Introduction at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- Sustainable infrastructure after the Automobile Age
- Economic choices facing the United States: Why we need a new direction
- Sustainable development: a new kind of globalization