The US, France, UK and other European countries are engaged in a widening arc of military activities across Africa, the Middle East, western Asia and central Asia, some visible and some surreptitious. France’s incursion into Mali last week was a notable short-term success. Other actions have been costly failures. It is important to understand why.
Article was originally published at The Financial Times.
- The real climate battle after a sweltering 2014
- The Year of Sustainable Development
- Live Q&A: The Age of Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development Goals for a New Era
- The G20, human health and sustainability: