NEW YORK – In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan came to office famously declaring that, “Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.” Thirty-two years and four presidents later, Barack Obama’s recent inaugural address, with its ringing endorsement of a larger role for government in addressing America’s – and the world’s – most urgent challenges, looks like it may bring down the curtain on that era.
- The shifting global landscape
- Jeff Sachs on Business Insider: Politics
- Jeff Sachs’ and EDF on Trump’s EPA pick
- US foreign policy — from primacy to global problem solving
- Learning to Love a Multipolar World