NEW YORK – In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan came to office famously declaring that, “Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.” Thirty-two years and four presidents later, Barack Obama’s recent inaugural address, with its ringing endorsement of a larger role for government in addressing America’s – and the world’s – most urgent challenges, looks like it may bring down the curtain on that era.
- Earth 2.0: Is Income Inequality Inevitable?
- Will Economic Illiteracy Trigger a Trade War?
- How Trump could make US a climate pariah over Paris pact
- Earth 2.0: What Would Our Economy Look Like?
- Our misguided ‘wars of choice’