NEW YORK – In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan came to office famously declaring that, “Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.” Thirty-two years and four presidents later, Barack Obama’s recent inaugural address, with its ringing endorsement of a larger role for government in addressing America’s – and the world’s – most urgent challenges, looks like it may bring down the curtain on that era.
- Trump’s foreign policy populism is doomed to fail
- PS On Air with Jeffrey Sachs
- The Middle East: Contradictory promises that led to a century of conflict
- Trump and the Doomsday Clock
- Towards a New and Improved Economy on WNYC with Leonard Lopate