NEW YORK – In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan came to office famously declaring that, “Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.” Thirty-two years and four presidents later, Barack Obama’s recent inaugural address, with its ringing endorsement of a larger role for government in addressing America’s – and the world’s – most urgent challenges, looks like it may bring down the curtain on that era.
- Why the shadow of WW1 and 1989 hangs over world events
- Sustainable Development Economics
- China’s New Global Leadership
- Can We Break The American Plutocracy?
- Understanding and Overcoming America’s Plutocracy