NEW YORK – In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan came to office famously declaring that, “Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.” Thirty-two years and four presidents later, Barack Obama’s recent inaugural address, with its ringing endorsement of a larger role for government in addressing America’s – and the world’s – most urgent challenges, looks like it may bring down the curtain on that era.
- Sustainable infrastructure after the Automobile Age
- Decoding the federal budget
- Economic choices facing the United States: Why we need a new direction
- America’s True Role in Syria
- Trump, Clinton and the ‘Modern Democratic Party’