NEW YORK – In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan came to office famously declaring that, “Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.” Thirty-two years and four presidents later, Barack Obama’s recent inaugural address, with its ringing endorsement of a larger role for government in addressing America’s – and the world’s – most urgent challenges, looks like it may bring down the curtain on that era.
- How the US Congress Hands US Corporate Taxes To Europe
- Hillary Is the Candidate of the War Machine
- The GDP doesn’t tell the whole story about economic growth
- Discussing Global Economy on BBC Newsnight
- The Global Economy’s Marshmallow Test