THEY DON’T NECESSARILY look like we thought they would, but the robots are already among us. They give us directions when we’re driving. By 2015, Governor Deval Patrick recently announced, they will collect all tolls in Massachusetts. Apple’s personal assistant, Siri, might as well be an early prototype for protocol droids like C-3PO of “Star Wars.” The drones America’s sending into battle could be precursors to the robot army that rises up against humankind.
- Q&A: Integrated Development for Global Impact
- Jeffrey Sachs: Banking Abuses ‘Can’t Get More in Your Face’
- We Can Halt the Spread of Malaria by 2015
- US and China not doing enough to cut emissions
- Jeffrey Sachs: On the MDGs, the Cynics Lost