The horrible tragedy and heinous crime in Newtown, Connecticut requires action. Our gun laws need to change. America needs to learn from the experience of other countries. Australia is a case in point. A terrible mass shooting in Australia prompted action, leading to the banning of semi-automatic weapons. There was an enormous decline in firearm deaths and an end of mass shootings since 1996 till now. Read the study, and raise your voice for sane policies in the US. Also see the powerful recent overview report by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research.
- The climate breakthrough in Beijing gives the world a fighting chance
- Next Steps in the Ukraine Crisis
- Gov. Cuomo and Raising Taxes on the Rich
- Olivia Wilde and Jeffrey Sachs for 1M CHWs
- Book Discussion at The World Bank