The horrible tragedy and heinous crime in Newtown, Connecticut requires action. Our gun laws need to change. America needs to learn from the experience of other countries. Australia is a case in point. A terrible mass shooting in Australia prompted action, leading to the banning of semi-automatic weapons. There was an enormous decline in firearm deaths and an end of mass shootings since 1996 till now. Read the study, and raise your voice for sane policies in the US. Also see the powerful recent overview report by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research.
- Why government can’t negotiate with big pharma
- America’s True Role in Syria
- How Clinton, Trump rank on federal debt
- Financing Health and Education for All
- Jeffrey Sachs: Bernie Sanders easily wins the policy debate