I propose a New Years Resolution for America: the retreat from violence in 2013. We ended 2012 witnessing a mentally unstable, 20-year-old slaughter school children using assault weapons owned by his gun-enthusiast mother, who also became his first victim. We watched in shock as an unapologetic NRA urged more guns, not less, on our wounded society.
Yet even the deranged NRA performance had one thing right: Our problems are not just guns, but a society drenched in violence. I’m not speaking about Hollywood and video games. I’m speaking about our nation’s approach to the world.
Read full article at the Huffington Post
- ExxonMobil’s Dangerous Business Strategy
- Future of Economic Development – Conversations with Tyler Cowen
- Robots: Curse or Blessing? A Basic Framework
- Krugman’s Anti-Cameron Contradiction
- What is a Moral University in the 21st Century?