I propose a New Years Resolution for America: the retreat from violence in 2013. We ended 2012 witnessing a mentally unstable, 20-year-old slaughter school children using assault weapons owned by his gun-enthusiast mother, who also became his first victim. We watched in shock as an unapologetic NRA urged more guns, not less, on our wounded society.
Yet even the deranged NRA performance had one thing right: Our problems are not just guns, but a society drenched in violence. I’m not speaking about Hollywood and video games. I’m speaking about our nation’s approach to the world.
Read full article at the Huffington Post
- Toward an International Migration Regime
- Why Dems are divided and what it means
- Clinton’s Speech Shows That Only Sanders Is Fit for the Presidency
- The Best of Times, The Worst of Times: Macroeconomics of Robots
- Financing Health and Education for All