by Rosalind Adams
UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) — The United Nations will launch a global network later this week to mobilize civil society organizations around a post-2015 sustainable development agenda, according to a senior UN advisor.
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, set to be launched on Sept. 22, will “bring scientific and technical networks around the world into the post-2015 problem-solving on sustainable development,” Jeffrey Sachs, director of the network and also a special advisor to UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon, told Xinhua in a recent telephone interview.
- Jeffrey Sachs receives UCD Ulysses Medal, speaks of “moral obligation” to help achieve SDGs
- INTERVIEW – World leaders must show us the money to hit goals on poverty, inequality – UN adviser
- Can the American Dream Survive?
- The Wall Street Journal Abandons Its Business Readers
- A Path for Climate Change, Beyond Paris