by Rosalind Adams
UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) — The United Nations will launch a global network later this week to mobilize civil society organizations around a post-2015 sustainable development agenda, according to a senior UN advisor.
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, set to be launched on Sept. 22, will “bring scientific and technical networks around the world into the post-2015 problem-solving on sustainable development,” Jeffrey Sachs, director of the network and also a special advisor to UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon, told Xinhua in a recent telephone interview.
- John F. Kennedy’s ‘Act of Greatness’
- The Three Reasons Countries Get Rich: Location, Location and Location
- A Cure for Africa’s Common Cold
- Q&A on recent trends in fight against poverty
- A retórica sedutora de JFK (The Seductive Rhetoric of JFK)