by Rosalind Adams
UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) — The United Nations will launch a global network later this week to mobilize civil society organizations around a post-2015 sustainable development agenda, according to a senior UN advisor.
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, set to be launched on Sept. 22, will “bring scientific and technical networks around the world into the post-2015 problem-solving on sustainable development,” Jeffrey Sachs, director of the network and also a special advisor to UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon, told Xinhua in a recent telephone interview.
- Q&A: Integrated Development for Global Impact
- Jeffrey Sachs: Banking Abuses ‘Can’t Get More in Your Face’
- We Can Halt the Spread of Malaria by 2015
- US and China not doing enough to cut emissions
- Jeffrey Sachs: On the MDGs, the Cynics Lost