by Rosalind Adams
UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) — The United Nations will launch a global network later this week to mobilize civil society organizations around a post-2015 sustainable development agenda, according to a senior UN advisor.
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network, set to be launched on Sept. 22, will “bring scientific and technical networks around the world into the post-2015 problem-solving on sustainable development,” Jeffrey Sachs, director of the network and also a special advisor to UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon, told Xinhua in a recent telephone interview.
- Can the American Dream Survive?
- The Wall Street Journal Abandons Its Business Readers
- A Path for Climate Change, Beyond Paris
- Mayor de Blasio, in Italy Next Week, Will Address a Vatican Conference
- Global warming more dangerous than N-plants