Today, Ghana’s President John Mahama, UK Secretary of State Andrew Mitchell and I travelled to northern Ghana to announce a new five-year development program for one of the poorest regions of West Africa. Our hope is that through public leadership, community participation, cutting-edge technologies, and private investments, the region will slash poverty, hunger and disease and begin to achieve high and sustained economic growth.
Poverty reduction has entered a new era. Mobile phones and wireless broadband enable new models of business development and service delivery. New methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment are controlling ancient scourges such as malaria.
Read full post at the Huffington Post
- New Politics for Clean Energy
- Jeffrey D. Sachs on How to Forge a Grand Bargain on Energy
- From Good Intentions to Deep Decarbonization
- A Path for Climate Change, Beyond Paris
- Sustainable Development Goals on HuffPost LIVE