Villages taking part in a project aimed at helping Kenya achieve Millennium Development Goals on Tuesday reported a decline in the number of child deaths.
It says the death of children below five years declined faster than the national rural trend.
“Mortality among children under five has dropped 22 per cent in just three years, and 32 per cent compared to villages not participating in the programme.”
The improvement was attributed to the integrated approach to rural development adopted in the areas participating in the project that seeks to hasten achievement of MDGs.
Read full article at The Nation
- The Path to Sustainable Development
- Live Chat #2: “The Age of Sustainable Development”
- Social Inclusion as a Universal Goal
- Live Chat: ‘The Age of Sustainable Development’
- The challenge of deep decarbonisation