Jeffrey Sachs, a Professor of Economics at Columbia University, has said he wants to be the next president of the World Bank as the current head of the global lender is near the end of his five-year term.
The US economist told Al Jazeera the global institution, which has the power to give money to developing and poor nations, had failed in the past.
“I think the World Bank has made many, many mistakes over the years it has been led by Wall Street, by bankers and politicians,” said Sachs…
Read full article in Al Jazeera.
- Can the American Dream Survive?
- The Wall Street Journal Abandons Its Business Readers
- A Path for Climate Change, Beyond Paris
- Mayor de Blasio, in Italy Next Week, Will Address a Vatican Conference
- Global warming more dangerous than N-plants